Hand-Wiring Service for Reissue Fenders and Marshall Amplifiers
Both Fender and Marshall have re-issued some of their classic designs, but these reissue amps typically come stock with a printed circuit board, which tends to compromise both tone and reliability, and makes servicing them difficult, to say the least.
Due to popular demand, George Alessandro offers a rebuilding service for some of these models, in which he replaces the printed circuit boards with hand-wiring, and replaces the low-grade components with specially chosen components designed to enhance the amps tone and functionality.
George personally does all work on these types of projects, including:
- Removing the printed circuit board, pots, and jacks
- Build a custom board and handwire the circuit, following the original vintage specifications
- All new pots and components are used in the re-build
- The factory transformers, chassis, and certain other components are re-utilized
- Amps comes stock with Fender Groove Tubes
The new circuit board utilized in these rebuilds is a custom, proprietary Alessandro epoxy/glass laminate military specification board. Components include:
- All wiring is done using audio-grade silver eutectic solder
- Select orange drop-style capacitors
- Alessandro’s proprietary high-end filter and bypass capacitors (made in Germany)
- Silver mica caps in the audio path
- CTS pots
- PTFE/Teflon-coated silver-plated wire (the same as used in Alessandro amps)
- Switchcraft military spec input jacks
- Carbon resistors in audio path for proper tone
- Film resistors in power supply for quiet, reliable operation
- Upgraded speakers are an available option
We currently offer this service for the following:
- Fender Reissue Princeton Reverb
- Fender Reissue Deluxe Reverb
- Fender Reissue Super Reverb
- Fender Reissue Twin Reverb
- Fender Reissue Outboard Reverb Unit
- Fender Reissue Tweed Bassman
- Marshall Reissue 100W Marshall
- Marshall Reissue JTM45
Why settle for less? Upgrade your reissue amp to get vintage sound for less-than-vintage cost! Email Us for more info or call us at (215) 355-6424.
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.